The fact that we flew all the way to the UK just to be denied, pisses me off. Why? Because Luigi and I HATEEEE flying more than we hate men who wear flip-flops. And we spent over 12 hours flying almost non-stop, screaming and squealing like Susanna Hoffs and Debbie Gibson the entire way. When we arrived in the UK, we were annoyed, exhausted, scared and extremely hungry. We went to the UK border and we were questioned by an officer who appeared friendly. In fact, I had intended on complimenting her and telling her that despite the fact that she was clearly from London, she reminded me of Melanie C because of her Northern accent. But this bitch lost her chance, of being compared to that amazing woman because she not only questioned the balls off of us (and trust me, thats alot of balls) but she detained us. And had the fucking nerve, to smile the entire time. So after we were detained, we were taken to a holding room and held for approximately 8 hrs!!!!! No lie, EIGHT FUCKING HOURS! I honestly thought Luigi was going to tranform into Patty Hearst. They explained that the reason we were detained was because they figured out that we were there to perform (because of our emails and disco lights) and said we needed a Visa. But we know the REAL reason. Its because we were brown. EVERY SINGLE person in that holding room was a person of color. Its ridiculous and I'm disgusted with the United Kingdom (Kingdumb). They sent us back to Iceland where we spent the night. Although Iceland is a cold, barren and seemingly piece of shit country, they actually were extremely nice, accomodating (and DELICIOUS). They helped us get back to the States and looked sexy while doing it.
I am so sick of people passing judgement on others because of their appearance. Had either of us been tall, blonde White boys, we would have been let in with open arms. But clearly, the UK is not ready for ethnic punks. This experience will not detract me from touring, however Punk Bunny is taking a break from touring due to all the horrible experiences he's had with it. However, do not get your panties all in a ruffle because he will still be releasing new music, and playing festivals/shows/and private bachelor parties ;-) If you are British, please don't be offended by anything said here in reference to the UK. I am referring ONLY to the immigration officers in the UK and slightly to the UK government. Punk Bunny, and I still love our Brits just as much (helllloooo, I am obsessed with the Spice Girls) as Roseanne Barr loves eclairs. So dont fret, just get wet! ;-)
XXXO
Michael Edwards
No comments:
Post a Comment